This really is a Scribbles & Tea moment. I’m tucked up in bed ready for an early night with a huge cuppa warming my funny tummy. I think I’ve got a case of the midweek blues, am feeling a little off sorts. I really must be feeling unwell if I am not able to eat one of my awesome (if I do say so myself!) white chocolate Rocky Roads. Yes, I successfully completed my first official cooking/baking new recipe and I am proud as champ! I came across this recipe while visiting my nanny in hospital last week and immediately ripped it straight from the magazine as it looked so yummy. Unfortunately I’ll not be able to treat my nanny to one as her sugar levels are too high…
This recipe was so simple I feel I must share it with you.
White Chocolate Rocky Roads
600g White Chocolate, broken into squares
(I used baking chocolate trying to save money but next time will definitely indulge in some proper white chocolate!)
120g Cookies, broken into small pieces
40g mixed dried strawberries, cherries etc
40g toffee popcorn
40g glace cherries, halved
40g mini marshmallows
1. Line a 20cm square tin with cling film and set aside
2. Melt 400g of the white chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water)
3. Pour the melted chocolate into a separate bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, stirring until everything is well coated with chocolate. Transfer the mixture into the square tin and level with a palette knife
4. Melt the rest of the white chocolate and pour onto the top of the tin to make everything neat
5. Put in the fridge to set (approx 30 mins)
Easy peazy! I’ll definitely be making these again. But watch out, it is far too tempting to eat the ingredients along the way because they are so delicious! Especially the melted chocolate with marshmallows…
Before I nod off, I wonder what everyone has given up for Lent? My husband and I have given up bread which will certainly be a real challenge as it is a staple part of our daily diet.
Also I will be creating a new blog for our Everest Base Camp Trek as we need a separate space to track our progress and a new blog name for the advertising and promoting materials. Will keep you informed.